Biodegradable Pot Instructions
If you purchased or are thinking about purchasing a plant in a biodegradable pot, you may be wondering how to plant it in your garden. Just follow these instructions for successful planting.
- Dig a hole (see plant page for soil amendment and depth info)
- Soak the pot in water. This will make it easier to tear parts of the pot off, and will reduce transplant shock.
- Tear off the rim and bottom of the pot and put both in the hole you dug in step 1. These pieces will decompose and turn into more soil.
- Gently place the plant in the hole.
- Put the dirt back in the hole and water according to the instructions for your plant. Make sure the dirt only goes in the hole, not on the plant.
- If the plant needs mulch or any other covering, now's the time to put that on.
Now, just wait for the plant to mature and remember to fertilize as needed according to the plant instructions. If you have any questions, please contact us.